health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] About usage of addresses as contact/relationship

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] About usage of addresses as contact/relationship
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2016 19:57:42 +0100

Hi there !
On Mon, 18 Apr 2016 22:53:21 +0700
Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:

> > > I don't see what the link with the current question.
> > >
> > It's under the party general tab.
> >
> > Look at the screenshot example[5], for the contact associated to the
> > "ex-husband". You can also specify if it's a school, work,
> > address.
>
> I was not asking about how it is done (indeed for me it was
> off-topic). But as you pointed to me, I think there is a big mistake
> here about using the addresses as contact. When I look at the screen,
> I understand it like this: Ana was married to an address and this
> address has a contact named John.

If you understand that Ana is married to an address, then you assume
that an address is "marriable". But I must admit that I've seen wilder
things .... Just kidding ;-)

The label and tooltip are quite clear in both the person contact /
relative and their relationship.

> Indeed in Tryton, relationship between parties should be managed by
> the module party_relationship. This module creates unambiguous
> relation between parties without torturing any pre-existing model.

Thanks for sharing !

For this case, it's simple enough, but I will look into it.

Where I think it might work well is on the family model.

BTW, I got an error when trying to install it on an existing trytond
3.8 DB.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/trytond/protocols/jsonrpc.py", line 162, in _marshaled_dispatch
    response['result'] = dispatch_method(method, params)
  File "/trytond/protocols/jsonrpc.py", line 191, in _dispatch
    res = dispatch(*args)
  File "/trytond/protocols/dispatcher.py", line 139, in dispatch
    obj = pool.get(object_name, type=object_type)
  File "/trytond/pool.py", line 172, in get
    return self._pool[self.database_name][type][name]
KeyError: u'party.relation.all'

Bests
Luis