health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Show the DU address in the main person info

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Show the DU address in the main person info
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2016 08:16:32 +0100

Hello
On Sat, 16 Apr 2016 09:52:05 +0700
Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2016-04-15 22:03, Luis Falcon wrote:
> > Regarding the other addresses, they are way more generic, and are
> > valid for physical person or company, and have other usages, such
> > as shipping addresses . They are in the general tab, so it's not
> > necessary now to go there.
>
> By the way, I never understood why DU is not an address with a flag
> "DU" on it like the flags "Invoice", "Delivery" etc.
> And of course some extra field could be added on it.

They are two different concepts:

A Domiciliary Unit is unique physical location, with demographic and
epidemiological significance. The DU has the potential of having people
on it, but that is just one property. The DU has many attributes, such
as infrastructure, georeference, current inhabitants, ... ), and is
uniquely referenced.

Another major difference is that in Tryton, a party is required to
create an address, whereas in GNU Health DU is not necessary, and
its members are dynamic.

In Tryton and many addresses not necessarily have demographic or health
significance (eg, PO boxes).

They are just different concepts.

Bests,
--