health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Steps for Pharmacists to deduct medicament from pharmac

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Steps for Pharmacists to deduct medicament from pharmacy
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2016 11:26:29 +0100

Hi Bounmy !
On Thu, 7 Apr 2016 06:08:30 +0700
Bounmy Sihaphom <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 5:08 AM, Bounmy Sihaphom <address@hidden>
> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Apr 7, 2016 at 4:15 AM, Luis Falcon <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi Bounmy !

> >> Yes, in the scenario that you're showing, it can be done that way.
> >> The doctor prescribes and the pharmacist dispenses and generates
> >> the stock moves.

> >> Currently, the prescription stock move in GNU Health works this
> >> way :
> >>
> >> * The prescription has a field called "Pharmacy", related to a
> >> specific party of type "pharmacy".
> >> * The Pharmacy has a warehouse, with input and output locations
> >> * When dispensing the meds in the pharmacy, the stock move is done
> >> from the storage area of that specific pharmacy warehouse to the
> >> patient location (customer).
> >>
> >> So, you can have different pharmacies within your hospital, each
> >> of it with its own warehouse.
> >>
> >> Hope this helps !
> >>
> >> Bests,
> >> Luis

> Then we would have more than one warehouse in one hospital.I do
> not think it's practical, it will create stock management
> nightmare.What I suggest is : in the header of the prescription
> form where doctor / pharmacist select the pharmacy, it should be
> able to select child storage ie Pharmacy A,Pharmacy B or Pharmacy
> C...instead of only Warehouse.But again I am not sure if this is
> doable.

In my opinion, using the warehouse concept offers several advantages.

* We deal with parties, that may or may not be part of the same
  institution.

* The pharmacy stock move is done automatically choosing the storage
  location of the warehouse by default

* It has an address associated to it, and an optional picking
  location

> Just add to what i suggested earlier,we can make Pharmacy field
> selection exactly like in rounting/meditation tab ->Hospitalization
> location is perfect.Nurses can select where to create stock move.

It's a different approach. In vaccines and supplies used in medical
acts, we are dealing with internal locations.

That said, I propose the following:

* Keep the pharmacy field in the prescription form
* Add a field that allows to choose a custom / internal location

Those two would be mutually exclusive. In that case, using internal
pharmacies / dispensaries locations could be done without associating a
party to it.

This approach would offer maximum flexibility.

Let me know your thoughts.

Bests
Luis