health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Testing

From: Cédric Krier
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Testing
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2015 18:54:27 +0100

On 2015-12-22 17:29, Luis Falcon wrote:
> On Tue, 22 Dec 2015 12:33:00 +0100
> Cédric Krier <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm trying to make the tests working back on GNU Heath, so I work
> > module per module. So far, I have done almost half of them.
> > But now I have to come back to the first module 'health' because of
> > changeset 8665a21223e2  because the SQL query doesn't work on SQLite.
> > (It is important to use python-sql to write portable SQL queries).
> Agree. We're going on that direction, and most code has been moved to
> python-sql, but for upgrades "run-once" snippets I've been using
> standard SQL code, that could be used also directly from the psql
> interpreter.

But it was not standard SQL code as it doesn't run on SQLite.
The main issue was the usage of TRUE which is not in the SQL standard.
Also the query was using an hard-coded name for the table which is
against the new trytond feature that allows to change the default
generated name of a Model.

I think the option to copy/paste the query in psql is not so much
important against the portability.
Also someone who is able to find this query in the code will be able to
convert it from python-sql to plain SQL.

--
Cédric Krier - B2CK SPRL
Email/Jabber: address@hidden