health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Fw: Medication quantity and medication units (UOM)

From: Luis Falcon
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Fw: Medication quantity and medication units (UOM)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 07:19:44 -0500

Hi Andrew !
On Wed, 25 Feb 2015 17:56:32 +0000 (GMT)
"address@hidden" <address@hidden> wrote:

> >Subj: Medication quantity and medication units (UOM)
> >
> >Hello Luis

> think the prescription functionality needs to clarify medication
> >quantity and
> medication units (UOM).
> >
> >Quantity for amoxicillin 500mg capsules =
> >21
>
> >Units (UOM) = Capsules
> >
> >Quantity of amoxicillin 125mg/5ml oral liquid = 100
>

> >Units (UOM) = mL
> >
> >The current Gnu Health screen shows "units" where it
> should
> >say "quantity" AND "units".
> >
> >Can these changes be added to the new
> prescription
> >template and to the print prescription design?

Thank you for your suggestion !

I think currently we have the required fields for that
functionality, although the display might be clearer.
As an example, we could say
The quantity (eg capsules) is in the field "x" (eg, number of capsules)

I think that we can make the Units field at the end a function.
Today, GNU Health can automatically calculate the number of capsules for
the whole treatment period, so no need to enter it by hand.

What do you think ?

Best