health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Should distribution packaging solve the installation/co

From: Chris
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Should distribution packaging solve the installation/configuration issues our users are having?
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2015 21:06:56 -0800

Hiya all,

Good to hear some thoughts on this. I've had similar thoughts to
Emilien. I think I want good packaging and robust sysadmin tools to
solve these pesky issues. Yet, I see where it probably won't solve
everything, Mathias made good points on this.

However, Luis made a good point about documentation. I must admit I'm at
fault for thinking of the documentation last. Hehe.

I think there is a middle way that is open for improvement. For example,
on the FHIR side, I haven't included a requirements.txt file so there
can be a one-line python command to install all the dependencies.
I could also include some Ansible, Supervisord, etc.  example config
files to help sysadmins. *And* update the documentation!  Things like
that.

Thanks!

-C