health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] Is the current version of Tryton far too complicated fo

From: Axel Braun
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] Is the current version of Tryton far too complicated for GNU Health?
Date: Thu, 04 Sep 2014 14:02:48 +0200

Hi Andrew,

Am Donnerstag, 4. September 2014, 11:40:21 schrieb
address@hidden:

> I wonder whether we should aim to develop a
> "stripped down" version of Tryton to run GNU Health efficiently?

Downgrading an existing ERP is an idea which never worked so far....Companies
like SAP tried several times and and failed.

So the path forward should be to improve funtionality (is business really
working the way that is currently build in the system?) and useability (Is the
GUI/screen/flow really what supports the user/process best?). There where
already some discussions on the Tryton mailing list on this...

> At the moment
> it does seem very difficult to:

So the best thing to help here would be to describe the target process and
highlight the difference to the current process, resp. the difficulties you
are facing.

Looking forward to get your functional input
Axel