health-dev

Re: [Health-dev] [bug #35461] Privilege Separation for Patiet Registrati

From: Christoph H. Larsen
Subject: Re: [Health-dev] [bug #35461] Privilege Separation for Patiet Registration
Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 11:41:19 +0430

Dear Luis,
Thanks a lot for your long reply! Yes, I think I fully understnad the
point you are making: Internal HC-specific Patient ID (like in our case
in Afghanistan), versus the SSN ~ UPI = Universal Patient Identifier.
For patient core data to be entered via the "Party" facility, the
following features would be desirable:

A more finely grained management of Rules: Presently, a rule is
fulfilled, if the FIRST condition is fulfilled. This renders AND
conditions hard to implement, unless you go through added groups.
This rule-governed behaviour would be great to secure access right to
different groups of parties is_patient versus NOT is_patient, or all
parties that are NOT is_patient AND NOT is_institution as addresses
relevant for medical care providers).

Also, it would be great, if we could easily define DEFAULT values for
specific fields, e.g. setting is_patient to TRUE be default for a
certain group. Is there currently any way to do so?

Finally, automatic Patient ID generation would still be great even at
the Party facility level. (Dcotors are not very good at IT, so we have
to make their lives as easy as possible - grin!)

Hope this is some extra food for thought. Let me know how I can help.

Chris

--
Dr. Christoph H. Larsen
synaLinQ (Vietnam)                      synaLinQ (Kenya)