h5md-user

Re: [h5md-user] New commits, "id" and rc

From: Pierre de Buyl
Subject: Re: [h5md-user] New commits, "id" and rc
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 16:04:07 +0200

Hi Peter,

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 07:09:17PM -0400, Peter Colberg wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 10:32:48PM +0200, Pierre de Buyl wrote:
> > I'd like to know wether there are remarks on my recents commits.
> >
> > H5MD has stabilized since some time and is in a very usable state. I've
> > cleaned
> > a bit the draft.
> >
> > I'd like to release a "0.1" version of H5MD. As a first step, I'd like to
> > tag
> > the current (modulo "id", see below) version as 0.1-rc1.
>
> The changes eff7ae6..44c9bce are fine. I intend to work on polishing
> the specification this week, and send my proposed patches to the
> mailing list for discussion.

Good!

What about the "id" proposition?

> It may be a good idea to setup PDF generation (from LaTeX), and
> generate a tarball which includes ReST sources, HTML and PDF.

Is that really needed? Given how savannah works, that would mean that the
tarball get versioned no? Generating anything from a checkout of the repository
is quite easy. Anyway, if you want to do that there is a "download" page
accessible to any savannah project on which we can include files.

Best,

Pierre