h-source-users

Re: [H-source-users] Patches serie to add new computers and distros

From: Yuchen Pei
Subject: Re: [H-source-users] Patches serie to add new computers and distros
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2022 14:56:09 +1000

On Fri 2022-09-16 00:24:36 -0400, bill-auger wrote:

> -== Learn the EasyGiant PHP framework ==
> -
> -Since h-source is an application of the EasyGiant PHP framework
> you can use the EasyGiant features in order to modify the
> h-source source code. Visit www.easygiant.org
> -* FIXME: www.easygiant.org is offline
> -
> -
>
> there should probably be something in this section - it is not a
> well-known framework; and the learning curve is relatively steep
> without some documentation for the framework - is there
> documentation for the easygiant framework available anywhere? -
> maybe we can ask antonio

The latest wayback machine copy is at

http://web.archive.org/web/20161027164429/http://www.easygiant.org/

There's a guide

http://web.archive.org/web/20161027162658/http://www.easygiant.org/media/guide/20150326.pdf

I've added this section back to the readme.

> IIRC, that is the main reason why damien suggested re-writing the
> entire program in a more common web framework like django

If we are to rewrite the server program, it is better to rewrite in a
more maintainable and refactorable type-safe language like Haskell (for
example Servant is a widely used Haskell server library), rather than
another weakly typed language like Python.

Best,
Yuchen

--
PGP Key: 47F9 D050 1E11 8879 9040  4941 2126 7E93 EF86 DFD0
          <https://ypei.org/assets/ypei-pubkey.txt>