gwl-devel

Re: [gwl-devel] [Bug?] Cannot use Guix Workflow Language on Guix System

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: [gwl-devel] [Bug?] Cannot use Guix Workflow Language on Guix System
Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 17:00:38 +0200

Hi,

Thnak you for the message.

On Wed, 3 Jul 2019 at 15:48, pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)
<address@hidden> wrote:

> How can I use the Guix Workflow Language on Guix System?  I tried
> `guix package -i gwl` as described on

Hum? I think the version of this package is a bit old.
I am not sure it will just work.

Myself, I `git clone` the GWL repo then enter in `guix environment`
with some --ad-hoc packages. Then from there I use ./pre-env-inst.

#+BEGIN_SRC shell
  guix environment \
       --ad-hoc \
       autoconf automake pkg-config texinfo \
       guile guile-commonmark guile-syntax-highlight guile-wisp
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC shell
  aclocal
  autoconf
  automake
  ./configure
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC shell
  ./bootstrap
  ./configure
  make -j 4
#+END_SRC

#+BEGIN_SRC shell
  GUIX_WORKFLOW_PATH=./doc/examples/ ./pre-inst-env guix workflow -r simple
#+END_SRC

Does it work for you?

> <https://www.guixwl.org/getting-started> (the website appears to be
> down),

The website does not seem down anymore.
Or you can use https://workflows.guix.info/
or workflows.guix.gnu.org

> On Debian I had written a Guix workflow to deploy a not-yet-public
> Haunt website to a shared hosting provider and tried to use it on Guix
> now.  (I hope that is a legitimate use case; I used gwl because I can
> specify package inputs.)

Interresting use case.
Could you elaborate? Or let me know when you publicly release your workflow.

> I hope this is the right mailing list.

Yes! Definitively :-)

All the best,
simon