gwl-devel

Re: [gwl-devel] `--run=simple` error ?

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: [gwl-devel] `--run=simple` error ?
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2019 17:57:58 +0100

On Fri, Feb 22, 2019 at 05:48:23PM +0100, zimoun wrote:
> Hi Pjotr,
>
> On Fri, 22 Feb 2019 at 17:33, Pjotr Prins <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> > Yes, it can be hard. Best is to systematically rule out problems.
> > Containers are preferred by me because there is no chance of a mixup.
>
> Yes but when speaking about Guix modules, one wants the most
> up-to-date (i.e. from guix pull) which is not necessary the case with
> container (i.e. from guix package -i guix).
>
> From my understanding, there is a real "issue" for all the packages
> that depends on the package guix. For example emacs-guix, gwl that I
> am aware of.

You can run a container in a freshly compiled source tree. I do that
all the time. I don't normally use guix pull. Example using a D compiler

  ~/guix-master/pre-inst-env guix environment -C guix --ad-hoc ldc clang llvm
unzip gdb ncurses vim git make cmake which less tzdata binutils
  rm -rf CMakeFiles CMakeCache.txt
  cmake .
  make clean
  make -j 24