gwl-devel

Re: [gwl-devel] support for containers

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: [gwl-devel] support for containers
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 15:29:15 +0100

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 at 12:46, Ricardo Wurmus <address@hidden> wrote:
> zimoun <address@hidden> writes:

> > By inputs, do you mean data-inputs and package-inputs?
>
> Data inputs only.

I understand that only the input files need to be part of the input hash.
However, I do not know if the output hash need to also contain the
tool hash and the input hash.
Therefore, when chaining (an input is another output), the store
should track the tools used, somehow.

Maybe, it is what you are explaining with the quote: "we just hash the
inputs leading up to the output, excluding the output itself".

Right?

--
simon