gwl-devel

[gwl-devel] Moving GWL modules

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: [gwl-devel] Moving GWL modules
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 22:22:43 +0100

Hi Roel,

I’m interested in moving the GWL modules to their own namespace to avoid
potential clashes with future versions of Guix.  Currently, GWL modules
share the “(guix …)” and “(gnu …)” namespaces.

I think it would be clearer to move all but the scripts (which extend
Guix) to “(gwl …)”.

What do you think?

On a related note: I can never remember if a procedure is defined in
“(gnu workflows)” or “(guix workflows)”.  Do you have a mnemonic?  Is
this separation necessary or would it be fine to rearrange things?

Thanks!

--
Ricardo