guix-science

Re: Julia using GLMakie

From: Cayetano Santos
Subject: Re: Julia using GLMakie
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2024 16:34:35 +0100

>lun. 11 mars 2024 at 15:37, Pascal Quach <pascal.quach@centralesupelec.fr>
>wrote:

> Hello Mauritz, Cayetano,
>
> The error you encounter is related to your system. I have been able to
> precompile the
> GLMakie package using the julia@1.9.3 from guix-science, but I run a foreign
> distro...

I’m using guix on top of archlinux, so in a foreign distro config too.

> From my experience, you may try to get information from these commands
> `glxinfo -B` and/or
> `vulkaninfo --summary` from mesa-utils and vulkan-tools, as well as
> julia> versioninfo()

"glxinfo -B" gives me

    OpenGL ES profile version string: OpenGL ES 3.2 Mesa 23.3.2

whereas the warning message out of "precompile GMakie" says:

    This likely means, you don't have an OpenGL capable Graphic Card,
    or you don't have an OpenGL 3.3 capable video driver installed.

which makes sense.

> You may test your installation using glxgears and vkcube/vkcube-wayland.
> Generally
> speaking, if glxgears/vkcube run without any issues, then the precompilation
> should also
> work.

glxgears performs well for me

C.