guix-europe

Website for Guix Europe

From: Andreas Enge
Subject: Website for Guix Europe
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2022 17:46:10 +0200

Salut!

En avant-première before we make it public (which must happen before the
10 years event in Paris), following our last General Assembly, there is now
a draft for a web page at
   http://foundation.guix.info/

Do not be surprised about the cute fish, I copied the haunt framework from
the website I created for my aquarium club and left the pictures in as a
reminder. As you can see, there are a few things to do:

- There could be a logo where the text is placed; artists to the front!
- We could replace the fish pictures by pictures, photos or graphics that
  make sense for us. I would like it if we managed to, but have no
  particular artistic gifts myself, so from my side will simply remove this
  caleidoscope unless you send in suggestions.

We decided to develop the site, and probably move all of the guix-europe
subdirectory of the guix maintenance git repository to a git repository
hosted at framagit.org, where Julien has created a group:
   https://framagit.org/guix-europe
You can register an account on the site, and then we can add you to the
"developers"; but this will take a few days, since for fighting spam
accounts they switched to manual approval of account creation requests.

The Guix Europe website itself will be in the repository
   https://framagit.org/guix-europe/website
where I will soon upload it.

I am still not totally sure whether we need a separate project just for
the website, or whether everything should be flat; maybe having an
option to have more repositories for the guix-europe group could be useful.

Looking forward to your input,

Andreas