guix-europe

Re: Extraordinary General Assembly on July 3 (and 17)

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Extraordinary General Assembly on July 3 (and 17)
Date: Sun, 3 Jul 2022 14:03:16 +0200

Hi Andreas,

On Sun, 3 Jul 2022 at 13:31, Andreas Enge <andreas@enge.fr> wrote:

> Am Thu, Jun 23, 2022 at 05:38:29PM +0200 schrieb Oliver Propst:
> > Are we using the same video infrastructure/conference software as for our
> > last *Assembly?
>
> Good point, I thought I had sent the link, apologies!
> It is on the same infrastructure, and I hope it will work...
> A few days ago we encountered (probably) an out of memory error for
> a different meeting, but the server was restarted.
>    https://blabla.aquilenet.fr/b/and-b8c-4yp
> Since I am sending the address out on a public list, I made room entrance
> moderated.
>
> Unfortunately, until now only 2/3 of our members paid their 2022 membership
> fees, which means that all of them need to attend tonight to reach the
> quorum (I wonder if I did not create a deadlock in our statutes...);

The term "active members" is not well-defined and from my
understanding of the statutes: to be a member, the membership fee has
to be paid.  The statutes and internal document say:

        The Association is formed exclusively of active members, natural
        or legal persons paying a membership fee decided yearly by the
        General Assembly.  They take part in the General Assembly with
        voting rights.

        Membership fees are computed by calendar year; in the case of
        admission during the year, the full amount is due.  The current
        membership fees are 10€ per year.

and since we are on July, we are far from calendar year.  We can
clarify the lost of membership a bit more but it is not a deadlock.

I agree to have some flexibility but it appears to me expected: no
membership fee, no member.

The aim is to make progress and not being blocked by a document we
write ourself. :-)

See you later,
simon