guix-europe

Re: Guix Days and FOSDEM 2021?

From: Pjotr Prins
Subject: Re: Guix Days and FOSDEM 2021?
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2020 11:44:06 +0100

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 01:53:35PM +0100, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi!
>
> No strong opinion from me: I’d understand a structured event is quite a
> lot of work for the organizers who maybe have just recovered from the
> on-line Guix Day.
>
> Something less structured, like an “unconference” gathering would be
> nice, to try to move forward on some of the topics discussed the other
> day.  It’s probably less work, though there still needs to be a minimal
> plan to organize the day.  It could be informal discussions on hot
> development topics, but it could also have a session to help newcomers.

We'll take it on us to organise an online Guix day in lieu of the
normal FOSDEM fringe Guix days on the Monday. We'll have one day. The
morning is an unconference, but we'll ask a number of people to
prepare a topic. In the afternoon we can split up into hacking
sessions and a newbie track for helping with Guix issues.

We would like to use the conferencing system as we did last time, if
possible. Can it handle open entry - we'd like to have an open door
policy. Can it handle working groups? If not, we'll just split out
with Jitsy and have IRC as a fallback.

If that is OK with you we'll start announcing and preparing.

Pjotr & Manolis.