guix-europe

Re: Guix Days and FOSDEM 2021?

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Guix Days and FOSDEM 2021?
Date: Sat, 05 Dec 2020 13:31:45 +0100

Hi,

On Sat, 05 Dec 2020 at 09:59, Pjotr Prins <pjotr.public12@thebird.nl> wrote:
> Not sure I missed something, but are we planning Guix days again for
> FOSDEM? As we have a devroom too and because the events are virtual we
> can potentially coordinate/integrate those days even better.

>From my point of view, redo something with Talks+Q&A seems to early.
Personally, I was still digesting what I have learnt.  Well, the even
had been richer than I initially thought. :-) Other said, redo an
extended version of the previous format appears to me too much.

However, people said as feedback that they would like more time to
discuss in smaller groups about specific topic.  And since, the FossHost
BBB instance is still up (I am using it for the Outreachy with Magali
and Gábor ;-)), and should be up until I-do-not-know-when, we could
imagine create X “rooms” with a proposed topic/schedule of each room and
let’s people discuss; with the rule that notes are taken and then
published at last on guix-devel, even raw.

where X could be:

 - main: our usual discussions
 - contrib: continue discussions initiated from main, technical hyper
   specialized topic (e.g. how to fix mdouler TeXlive)
 - unrelated: people speak as they could do during breaks
 - name-it

and because of timezone, we *must* have a schedule backbone.

The only unclear point (for me) is how to deal with moderation.  For the
previous, Julien, Tobias and me were accepting people to join the room,
and we spent a couple of hours the day before to check how to deal with
abuse, etc.  The question is: how to moderate several rooms?  Full free
or which rule?

WDYT?

Cheers,
simon

PS:
Ludo, Chris and Mathieu: I guess you are doing meetings about CI and
offload, you can use the BBB fosshost instance too instead of Foo. :-)

<http://logs.guix.gnu.org/guix/2020-12-03.log#095454>