guix-devel

Re: An IRC bot called Peanuts

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: An IRC bot called Peanuts
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2024 15:17:00 -0700

Hi Ludo'

On Thu, Jun 27 2024, Ludovic Courtès wrote:

> I like resolution of bug numbers and commit IDs, but I find that
> echoing the title of HTML pages is often redundant and unnecessary.

Following the cue from Andreas [1] I disabled the generic HTML
titles. [2] That ought to address the general unhappiness about
parroting the useless titles of paste sites, especially
paste.debian.net.

I kept the expansion of SRFI and RFC numbers for now.  For the time
being, I also kept the expansion of Guix commits.  As a Magit user I
have easy access to the hashes but not to Savannah URLs.

The HTML titles from Savannah remain useless because their Ggit is eight
years old.  I hope the FSF will upgrade eventually.

As a side note, there is no need for code-of-conduct.  Many people would
be surprised to learn who wrote, but I've done enough damage for now.
According to Kabbalah, justice is the opposite of compassion.

May love and understanding rule the world.

Thanks to all the upstanders who chimed in. [3]

Kind regards & and a good weekend,
Felix

[1] https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/guix-devel/2024-06/msg00317.html
[2]