guix-devel

Come watch a live stream coding session for the Hurd

From: jbranso
Subject: Come watch a live stream coding session for the Hurd
Date: Fri, 31 May 2024 09:30:52 +0000

Heyo friends!

Sergey is going to do some live coding on the Hurd this Saturday
June 1st at 2pm UTC (tomorrow). His goal in the stream is to
update his glibc patches for running the Hurd on AArch64 (1) AND
to code a simple trivfs translator live. What cool simple trivfs
translator do you want to see him code (and run on AArch64)?

If you want to come, then at 2pm UTC, just point your modern web
browser at https://jitsi.member.fsf.org/Hurd-code-jam and we'll
have some fun! If there is a password, it'll be HURD. I can
probably record the session, but I don't really have the best
"recording setup". Does anyone else want to volunteer to record as well?

Thanks,

Joshua

1) Yes, Sergey is porting the Hurd to AArch64. It's a real thing.

 https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/news/2024-q1.html

P.S. Please do respond to this email for cool trivfs translators Sergey could
live code:

https://www.gnu.org/software/hurd/hurd/libtrivfs.html

example libtrivfs translators are:

https://darnassus.sceen.net/~hurd-web/hurd/translator/hello/