guix-devel

Re: A different way to build GCC to overcome issues, especially with C++

From: Jean-Pierre De Jesus Diaz
Subject: Re: A different way to build GCC to overcome issues, especially with C++ for embedded systems
Date: Fri, 24 May 2024 17:05:50 +0000

Hello,

Adding to this conversation I have been making a arm-none-eabi
toolchain with Newlib included as the default C standard library like
in the official Arm toolchain but I'm not quite happy with the patches
yet.[1]

I haven't contributed it yet because it has been a bit hard adapting axoloti-*
packages to use a modern toolchain because I'm also intending to remove
the old toolchains in `gnu/packages/embedded.scm' eventually and
instead use the ones in `cross-gcc-toolchain'.

[1]:
https://github.com/Foundation-Devices/guix-mirror/compare/master...wip/arm-none-eabi