guix-devel

The Artanis pkg issue

From: Nala Ginrut
Subject: The Artanis pkg issue
Date: Sun, 5 May 2024 00:36:31 +0900

Dear Guix folks, I saw the lines in Artanis pkg info:
 (delete-file-recursively "artanis/third-party/json.scm")
 (delete-file-recursively "artanis/third-party/json")
 (delete-file-recursively "artanis/third-party/redis.scm")
 (delete-file-recursively "artanis/third-party/redis")

I understand these lines are aiming to unbundle guile-json and guile-redis, however, recently I've unbundled them in vanilla Artanis. So there's something changed.

You may need to keep third-party/json.scm and third-party/edis.scm in the next release since they are the wrappers, and it's possible to make further abstracts then. In addition, there are necessary renaming operations for compatibility.

Best regards.