guix-devel

Re: rust-team branch merged

From: Jason Conroy
Subject: Re: rust-team branch merged
Date: Wed, 24 Apr 2024 11:58:22 -0400

Efraim Flashner <efraim@flashner.co.il> writes:
On the other hand, by generating it during the build of each package we make sure to pull in all the crates which exist in the build, so we could add into a profile/manifest just the crates listed in a Cargo.toml and then each crate would pull in its own dependencies, and then the
profile hook could combine them all together.

Thanks. Just to make sure I understand: it sounds like you're saying that by creating the JSON index files up front, we'd be preserving some knowledge about a package's dependency graph that isn't easily recovered later by recursively walking through inputs and cargo-inputs for the package specs in a manifest/profile?

Jason