guix-devel

Re: Sustainability fund application ongoing

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Sustainability fund application ongoing
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 22:29:14 +0200

Hi Maxim,

Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> skribis:

> It was pointed to us that the "Free and Open Source Software
> Sustainability Fund" [0] is currently receiving applications.  The fund
> aim to sponsors free software projects for their
> maintenance/organisational activities.

Nice!  You forgot the link but I guess it’s
<https://www.opentech.fund/funds/free-and-open-source-software-sustainability-fund/>.
Deadline is May 17th.

> I'm tempted to apply myself, but I thought I'd share it here: the more
> submissions they get the more likely Guix is to receive support.

Agreed, it’s great to have people apply there (even better if it works,
of course).

Maybe we should provide a contact point for people who want to
coordinate when applying for Guix-related funding, to avoid overlapping
or competing applications?

Ludo’.