guix-devel

Re: [shepherd] several patches that i deem ready

From: Attila Lendvai
Subject: Re: [shepherd] several patches that i deem ready
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2024 10:43:05 +0000

> i have prepared the rest of my commits that
> were needed to hunt down the shepherd hanging bug.
> you can find them at:

https://codeberg.org/attila-lendvai-patches/shepherd/commits/branch/various

Ludo, i would appreciate if you could give some feedback on this.

these commits are extensive (line-diff-wise) due to the added log statements,
and the error handling wrapper forms. the more you work on shepherd, the more
these commits rot away, and the more avoidable work/frustration it is to keep
rebasing them.

i believe that these are valuable additions to shepherd, as was the reconfigure
hang fix that these were needed for.

as a first phase, maybe you could cherry pick some of the commits that you find
agreeable.

i'm looking forward to your feedback on how i could/should improve these to get
them merged.

--
• attila lendvai
• PGP: 963F 5D5F 45C7 DFCD 0A39