guix-devel

Re: Shepherd timers

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: Shepherd timers
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2024 21:07:55 -0700

Hi Adam,

On Sun, Mar 31 2024, Adam Faiz wrote:

> Could the Shepherd depend on mcron for the timer functionality? Since
> mcron already handles scheduling commands to run at a certain time,
> there would be no need to reimplement it again.

I don't wish to speak for the Mcron maintainer Dave, who reads this
list, or for Ludo', to whom your message was addressed, but the
Shepherd's scheduler [1] strikes me as potentially superior as it may
avoid this calendaring issue in Mcron. [2]

Kind regards
Felix

[1]
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/shepherd.git/tree/modules/shepherd/service/timer.scm?h=devel#n149