guix-devel

Re: Losing signing keys for custom Guix channel

From: elaexuotee
Subject: Re: Losing signing keys for custom Guix channel
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2024 14:06:56 +0900

Jake <jforst.mailman@gmail.com> wrote:
> If commit i adds a new signing key to the channel’s authorisations file and
> commit i+1 is signed with that signing key, then commit i+1 can be used in
> channel intro.
>
> You can’t add a signing key to the authorisations in a commit and sign that
> same commit with the new key.  Is that issue here?

I don't think that's completely accurate. My original channel introduction
commit is precisely the one creating a .guix-authorizations file with my old
key info.

I can certainly add an extra signing key to the authorizations; I just can't
sign that commit with the old key, since the old key has been lost.