guix-devel

Re: Introduce Cuirass and remove Hydra on https://www.gnu.org/software/d

From: Jing Luo
Subject: Re: Introduce Cuirass and remove Hydra on https://www.gnu.org/software/devel.html
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2024 13:15:00 +0900

On 2024-03-09 02:41, Simon Tournier wrote:
Hi,

Well, I do not see if there is a reply.  If no, sorry!  If yes, I am
just adding my own curiosity. :-)

Hello :) This was the first reply.

CC: guix-maintainers and guix-sysadmin
CC: Mark Weaver

On lun., 08 janv. 2024 at 13:19, Jing Luo <jing@jing.rocks> wrote:

[...]

[1] https://www.gnu.org/software/devel.html

[...]

The webpage [1] starts with:

        This page describes many of the development resources available
        for GNU developers on GNU Project machines.

Jing Luo, could you provide more details on the purpose of this
webpage?  What is the intent of this webpage?

This page was created at least 15 years ago. It lists the resources that a GNU package can use (hosting, testing, mailing list, etc.), since maintainers are expected to use machines/resources associated with or managed by GNU, instead of things like github.

For cuirass it would boil down to these questions:

- what is cuirass? how does it work?
- how can other GNU packages use ci.guix? (if they can)

[...]

--
Jing Luo
About me: https://jing.rocks/about/