guix-devel

A golden GNU for you

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: A golden GNU for you
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2022 20:43:08 -0700

Hi,

When reading about the reopening of Bhutan and its cross-country trail
[1] I came across a lesser-known species of gnu goat that due to its
yellow color could be an appropriate mascot for our beloved Guix.
Sorry this message came late for the ten-year party. [2]

Unlike the African wildebeest that served as the inspiration for the
GNU Project [3] Bhutan's takins—their national animals—also come in a
golden color. [4] The golden variety lives exclusively in a mountain
range in China and is very cute. [5][6]

There are also Sichuan takins [7] that are gold and black, and perhaps
an even better fit!

Kind regards
Felix Lechner

P.S. I looked for a better Guix mailing list for a lighthearted
message but could not find one.

[1] https://www.lonelyplanet.com/news/how-to-hike-trans-bhutan-trail
[2] https://10years.guix.gnu.org/
[3] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wildebeest#Cultural_depictions