guix-devel

Re: how does antioxidant work?

From: jgart
Subject: Re: how does antioxidant work?
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2022 12:38:17 -0500

On Sat, 10 Sep 2022 18:17:50 +0200 Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be> wrote:

> Caveat: the ‘examples’ and ‘benchmarks’ functionality is unlikely to be
> implemented by me (even though they may be useful for development) as
> they don't bring much value to Guix packaging. [insert the usual patches
> welcome here]

I'm mostly wondering how we would get the rust community to adopt our rust
tooling for serious rust development.

Do we expect rust people to use Guix for developing rust projects without cargo?

Are there other package managers in the rust community that people are using
besides cargo?

I realize cargo has issues. I don't have a comprehensive list of them but I'm
curious to find out more.

Maxime, what have you researched with regards to cargo issues or where
should I start studying up on that to get familiar with why antioxidant
is needed?

Is there a thread that introduces the need for a new rust build system and why?

all best,

jgart