guix-devel

Re: [IDEA] lint the whole dang thang

From: Kaelyn
Subject: Re: [IDEA] lint the whole dang thang
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2022 23:17:37 +0000

------- Original Message -------
On Wednesday, September 7th, 2022 at 10:18 PM, jgart <jgart@dismail.de> wrote:

> Hi Guixers,
>
> wdyt if we have the following option for `guix lint`?
>
> `-f, --whole-file lint all the packages in the given file(s)`

+1 to this. It would provide symmetry with the `--whole-file` option added to
`guix style` a month ago in commit a15542d26df42dabdb5e2f76d150ae200230c3b0,
and there have been times in the past where having the option for both would
have been handy instead of having to call the tool for each package name in a
file. (I also see potential for the file-wide option in the future for
transformations that wouldn't work on a per-package basis, e.g. cleaning up
unused module imports).

Cheers,
Kaelyn