guix-devel

Re: Clojure & Maven Resolver packages

From: Julien Lepiller
Subject: Re: Clojure & Maven Resolver packages
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2022 19:25:04 +0200

You could try updating maven resolver, but that means you will also have to rebuild all its dependents and make sure they don't break.

Maven stuff are a bit fragile under Guix because we can't build them as intended. There's a chicken-and-egg problem with maven, its dependencies and its plugins. So we can only use a rudimentary build system that breaks easily with updates.

If you decide to try and update that package, it would be much welcome and if you have any issues or questions along the way, don't hesitate to ask for help!