guix-devel

Re: [WIP Patch] Adding an FHS container to guix shell

From: John Kehayias
Subject: Re: [WIP Patch] Adding an FHS container to guix shell
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2022 03:15:51 +0000

Hi Maxime,

------- Original Message -------
On Wednesday, July 20th, 2022 at 7:49 PM, Maxime Devos wrote:

> On 20-07-2022 23:22, John Kehayias wrote:
>
> > I was thinking mostly of binaries, though I've also encountered code that
> > wanted to read the ldcache (e.g. parsing ldconfig -p directly), for some
> > reason.
>

> Do you have an example in the wild?

I've seen it in a couple of python packages. Not the one I was thinking of, but
pillow we substitute* to not invoke ldconfig -p:
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git/tree/gnu/packages/python-xyz.scm?id=49e1396cf5130a80bdb6f09c62f7d0fa6f7c73aa#n7092

(Lutris does this also, but we do not package that)