guix-devel

Re: Error when compiling file using Bigloo Scheme

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Error when compiling file using Bigloo Scheme
Date: Fri, 08 Jul 2022 16:25:21 +0200

Hi,

On jeu., 07 juil. 2022 at 15:56, Sam Lee <samlee746@yahoo.com> wrote:

>     $ bigloo myfile.scm
>     /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lunistring
>     collect2: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Indeed, bigloo requires some packages.  This works for me:

$ guix shell -C bigloo libunistring gcc-toolchain libgc pcre \
     -- bigloo /tmp/myfile.scm

where myfile.scm is the same as yours.

>     (module mymodule
>             (main start))
>
>     (define (start argv)
>       (display "Hello!")
>       (newline))

Note that it outputs nothing, right?

Well, “guix shell -C” is for being sure all the packages required by the
bigloo compiler are inside the environment.  For regular usage, you can
just use “guix shell --pure” or without any special option, or even
install all the packages in a profile.

Cheers,
simon