guix-devel

Re: proposal: address@hidden list/alias

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: proposal: address@hidden list/alias
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2022 17:36:47 +0200

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hello,
>
> Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net> skribis:
>
>> Mentors would then not merely review the submission but shepherd it,
>> making necessary modifications and push the adjusted patches as soon as
>> possible.  The goal is not to do the usual review but to create
>> quick successes, a great first impression.
>
> I’m all for it, count me in!

Yay!

> I try to favor newcomers when I go through the guix-patches backlog;
> this guix-mentors list will allow us to be more efficient and to share
> the workload.
>
> When do we start?  :-)

Right now, if you want!  Though, I guess it would be best for us to
gather a few more volunteer for that list.

I’ve created a new alias on fencepost.gnu.org, which currently forwards
mails to you and me only.

Who else wants to join?  The requirements:

- you have commit access
- you will try to claim a new contribution within 48 hours,
  Cc-ing guix-mentors@gnu.org
- you will try to reshape the contribution as needed to make it
  ready for inclusion in Guix (don’t make the new contributor
  send revisions)

Let me know and I’ll update the mail
alias.

--