guix-devel

Re: Move /gnu/store to another filesystem

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: Move /gnu/store to another filesystem
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 14:48:21 +0200

Hi Théo

Théo Maxime Tyburn <theo.tyburn@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi again,

> I ran into 2 errors when running the tests after running make in
> the repo. One error has to do with crate. I guess there is a dependency
> missing. The other error has to do with channels. Not sure why.

[...]

Sorry, now I can't help with setting up a Guix development environment,
all I can suggest you is to read the "19 Contrubuting" manual section,
in particular "19.1 Building from Git" and "19.2 Running Guix Before It
Is Installed".

> I also pulled guix today as well as the guix git repository.
> Tell me if you need more details.
>
> Anyway I can already start writing some things in the cookbook. Should I
> directly edit doc/guix-cookbok.texi?

Yes, and propose a patch

> I have no expereince writing docs
> in texinfo, so I’ll try my best. Are there any recommendations or
> guidelines?

The texinfo manual is
https://www.gnu.org/software/texinfo/manual/texinfo/

Anyway if you are still not familiar with texinfo and all pthe
contributing process, please just write the Cookbook session in any
format you like (that I can read with free software) or in plain text, I
can convert it to texinfo and propose a patch

...but please don't hold your breath :-)

Thanks! Gio'

--
Giovanni Biscuolo

Xelera IT Infrastructures