guix-devel

Re: emacs-guix (upstream) needs more love: a survey of repositories, hom

From: Giovanni Biscuolo
Subject: Re: emacs-guix (upstream) needs more love: a survey of repositories, homepage and issues
Date: Fri, 27 May 2022 08:45:23 +0200

Hi Théo

Théo Maxime Tyburn <theo.tyburn@gmail.com> writes:

> I would also be happy to help if I can.
>
> I could create a new branch starting at savannah’s HEAD

where do you plan to push that branch to? I mean, what git remote?

> and cherry pick everything relevant from gitlab since the
> merge-base. That would probably be everything except the duplicates,
> so the 4 commit Kaelyn mentioned, right ?

yes, that's the plan

if you succeed in building the new merged branch please notify me and
I'll try to upstream it to
https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix/emacs-guix.git

> Probably we also need to gather the issues from gitlab. Not experienced
> with savannah issue tracker, but I could try it out.

Savannah does not have an issue tracker, I think bug-guix
(http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/bug-guix) it's the official
emacs-guix bug tracking system

But "issues merging" is another step, let's finish the code merge :-D

Thank! Gio'

[...]

--
Giovanni Biscuolo