guix-devel

Re: A corner case of broken reproducibility

From: Felix Lechner
Subject: Re: A corner case of broken reproducibility
Date: Wed, 25 May 2022 04:35:00 -0700

Hi Blake,

On Tue, May 24, 2022 at 11:42 PM Blake Shaw <blake@sweatshoppe.org> wrote:

> I changed my user name in my config without adding a new user

I did that once in a new installation. In the second generation of my
configuration I changed the example user 'bob' to my own username. It
did not work well.

Due to precautions I was able to go back in as the root user and
adjust the permissions. The only unexpected part was that the symbolic
links for per-user profiles encode the relationship between user name
and uid.

Good luck and kind regards,
Felix Lechner