guix-devel

Re: Mumi, public-inbox and tools

From: zimoun
Subject: Re: Mumi, public-inbox and tools
Date: Sun, 08 May 2022 22:29:29 +0200

Hi,

Really cool!

On Sun, 08 May 2022 at 00:52, Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> wrote:

> I think we could have, as a first step, a command that allows us to run:
>
>   ./pre-inst-env guix review 54874
>
> and that fetches patches, applies them, and ideally reports on the
> difference and what needs to be built.

Currently, using the hhtps://yhetil.org/guix public-inbox instance,
coupled to the Emacs package ’piem’, I already have that. :-)

Basically, I use Emacs code from emacs-debbugs to query, then the Emacs
package ’piem’ [1] coupled [2] to the Python tool ’b4’ [3] and done.

Well, maybe using Scheme code for query Debbugs via Mumi, then instead
of,

> (define (apply-patch patch)
>   (invoke "git" "am" "-s" patch))

’invoke’ the B4 tool.  Other said, start to move all the hard work of
extracting the patches and application to an external tool and just glue
with Scheme (instead of Emacs lisp as ’piem’, for instance).

Then this Python B4 could be reimplemented (or adapted) using Scheme.

1: <https://docs.kyleam.com/piem/>
2: <https://docs.kyleam.com/piem/Applying-patches.html>
3: <https://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/utils/b4/b4.git>

Cheers,