guix-devel

Re: PipeWire as a PulseAudio replacement (was Re: The Shepherd on Fibers

From: Josselin Poiret
Subject: Re: PipeWire as a PulseAudio replacement (was Re: The Shepherd on Fibers)
Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2022 14:48:55 +0200

Hello Tanguy,

Tanguy LE CARROUR <tanguy@bioneland.org> writes:

> I recently switched from Xorg to Wayland and I'm quite happy with my new
> setup! The only last "little" thing that doesn't work for me is
> screen-sharing using Icecat and/or Chromium!? :-(

I know that at least for icecat, it needs to dlopen pipewire for
screen-sharing to work, but for now it isn't included in the icecat
package.

In the meantime, i've been using the command line
`LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$(guix build pipewire)/lib" icecat` to get
screensharing working in icecat.

Also, you say you've set the env variables, but you need to set them for
dbus: that means running `update-dbus-activation-environment
WAYLAND_DISPLAY`, is that what you ended up doing?

HTH,
--
Josselin Poiret