guix-devel

Re: guix home: error: rmdir: No such file or directory

From: Brian Cully
Subject: Re: guix home: error: rmdir: No such file or directory
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2022 19:53:50 -0400

Feng Shu <tumashu@163.com> writes:
>> Cleaning up symlinks from previous home at
>> /gnu/store/m70cycn4wkhqmk85pkh8jxspbnw35sw8-home.
>>
>> guix home: error: rmdir: No such file or directory
>
> yestoday have no this problem, today I guix pull and move
> home-files-service-type (add "."), this issue is found.

        I’m having the same issue, and I’ve seen at least one other
person on IRC having it as well. We all pulled guix today.

        I would have liked to start looking into it, but I have no idea
where to even begin. I tried turning ‘verbose’ to 100 (I don’t know what
valid values are, and can’t find documentation for the flag, so I assume
higher is more logging), and the output was the same. I can’t even tell
what it was trying to rmdir.

        I can appreciate that things like this happen in a rolling
release, particularly on a feature this new and in heavy development,
but I find it frustrating that I wasn’t even able to get a toe hold into
figuring out specifically where things were failing, so I could either
fix it myself, or provide details to the mailing list. I am *very* new
to Guix, so I’m hoping that I’m just ignorant of how to start debugging
a problem like this. I would deeply appreciate any guidance on the
matter, as it would allow me to feel more comfortable, and hopefully
more useful, in this environment.

-bjc