guix-devel

Re: Deprecating legacy build phase style when cross-compiling vs. native

From: Daniel Meißner
Subject: Re: Deprecating legacy build phase style when cross-compiling vs. native
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2022 12:26:12 +0200

Hi,

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> The easiest change is to replace:
>
>   %output
>
> with:
>
>   (assoc-ref %outputs "out")
>
> It’s a simple search-and-replace.
>
> The next step would be to use gexps and #$output, but that can be done
> incrementally over time IMO.

I have a patch in that direction sitting on
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/54641 and I am wondering if this is the
style that you’re proposing as the next step.  If so, I could provide
some more patches for other packages as well.

I am also wondering: How are multiple outputs handled with gexps and
#$output?

Best

--
Daniel