guix-devel

Re: Compiling rust things without cargo (super WIP POC)

From: Brendan Tildesley
Subject: Re: Compiling rust things without cargo (super WIP POC)
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2022 17:58:47 +1100

Recently I did the bevy (game engine) hello world tutorial[1].
To facilitate less slow iteration time when developing, it supports dynamic linking, disabling some optimizations, and using the lld linker for fast linking, although using lld failed for me.

When running cargo build, only your project is recompiled quickly and linked.

I was wondering how this dynamic linking might be facilitated in Guix?

Note: I had to update cargo to 0.60 to compile bevy with edition2021

[1] https://bevyengine.org/learn/book/getting-started/