guix-devel

Re: Guix wiki

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Re: Guix wiki
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2022 15:34:37 +0100

Hi,

Matt <matt@excalamus.com> skribis:

>  ---- On Tue, 11 Jan 2022 18:18:25 -0500 Ricardo Wurmus <rekado@elephly.net>
> wrote ----
>
>  > This is where we disagree.  I’ve wasted so much time in my life
>  > following outdated or wrong instructions on forums or wikis.  I really
>  > don’t want to see anything half-baked anywhere near this project.  There
>  > are few things that frustrate me more than well-meaning but misleading
>  > advice.
>
> Do you know that the libreplanet wiki is linked to from the main Guix page?
> https://guix.gnu.org/ > Help > Wiki

We are aware of this wiki; it has its uses, such as synchronizing for
FOSDEM, GSoC, and other events, but we never intended to use it for
documentation.

It’s unfortunate that your reply to Ricardo dismisses their advice.  It
really boils down to this: read bits of the manual and cookbook that
matter to your use cases, articulate what you think is missing or poorly
structured, and propose changes or new text.

It’s much easier to make progress looking at concrete, focused changes
than in the abstract.

Thanks in advance,
Ludo’.