guix-devel

Re: version-1.4.0 branch updated

From: Chris Marusich
Subject: Re: version-1.4.0 branch updated
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2022 20:43:12 -0800

Hi Maxim,

I've CC'd Mathieu on this email because he sent an email recently asking
for help with the 1.4.0 release, and Ludo because he was working on bug
52752.

Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi Maxime,
>
> Maxime Devos <maximedevos@telenet.be> writes:
>
>> Efraim Flashner schreef op di 11-01-2022 om 12:39 [+0200]:
>>
>> The fix for a non-deterministic test suite failure in Guile:
>> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/48389#11
>
> That one slipped :-/.  Sorry!  I should have checked my emails more
> carefully before turning on the switch in Cuirass yesterday.

On aarch64-linux, on master, bug 52943 prevents the "guix" package from
building successfully.  I've committed a fix for this on the master
branch in commit 24c3485bb3ffc05e687ef6513ac287b8d3048bab.  However, I
haven't yet updated the "guix" package, since Ludo mentioned here that
he wanted to update the "guix" package to include a different fix (for
bug 52752), but I'm not sure that he's done that yet:

  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/52752#2

I figured we could coordinate and update the "guix" package at the right
time, all at once.

It would be good to ensure that the "guix" package builds successfully
on aarch64-linux for the 1.4.0 release.  Therefore, I'd like to get the
fix for 52943 included in the version-1.4.0 branch, but I don't want to
step on anyone's toes.  What can I do to get the fix included in the
release?

--
Chris

PGP: https://savannah.gnu.org/people/viewgpg.php?user_id=106836