guix-devel

Re: ImageMagick from 2020?

From: Maxime Devos
Subject: Re: ImageMagick from 2020?
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2022 19:36:22 +0100

Timothy Sample schreef op ma 10-01-2022 om 13:01 [-0500]:
> Hi zimoun,
>
> zimoun <zimon.toutoune@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > We probably do not have this item.  Since it is 'xz', it is somehow
> > expected because it is works in progress.
>
> XZ support is working in Disarchive now.  I’m hosting quite a few XZ
> specifications at <https://disarchive.ngyro.com>.
>
> > Can someone confirm we do not effectively have this item in our infra?
>
> According to my logs, I tried to get it a month ago and it failed then,
> too.  If you track it down, let me know and I’ll ingest it.

From repology, I found that CentOS c7 has ImageMagick 6.9.10-68:

https://git.centos.org/rpms/ImageMagick/blob/c7/f/SPECS/ImageMagick.spec

CentOS keeps its copy of the source code at

https://git.centos.org/sources/ImageMagick/c7/

there are two files there, seems like they are named after some kind of
hash?

To determine the hash, you can look at
https://git.centos.org/rpms/ImageMagick/blob/c7/f/.ImageMagick.metadata

It's this file you need:

https://git.centos.org/sources/ImageMagick/c7/ed27964d872abc81dc2388d333874766058a9b5d

The hash checks out:

guix download
https://git.centos.org/sources/ImageMagick/c7/ed27964d872abc81dc2388d333874766058a9b5d
[downloading]
1jxjxhnvznpbdigry2cgxx94cx6k6y3rs40a464n5yln29s1qlz1

It might be interesting to teach (guix build download) to fallback to
the archives of CentOS, Debian, ...

Greetings,
Maxime.