guix-devel

Re: On raw strings in <origin> commit field

From: Ricardo Wurmus
Subject: Re: On raw strings in <origin> commit field
Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2021 13:31:22 +0100

Liliana Marie Prikler <liliana.prikler@gmail.com> writes:

> Particularly here, you're used to raw commit hashes, so you no longer
> feel the need to add a comment explaining that it corresponds to a
> given tag, which others (such as myself, your past self and possibly
> your future self) would need at least until they themselves also turn a
> blind eye to raw hashes.

FWIW this is not applicable here.  I’m certainly not “used” to using raw
commit hashes.  I adopted this practise after Ludo’s comments that were
quoted upthread.

I’ll go whichever way the maintainers decide, because I think there are
upsides and downsides to all proposed methods, and I just can’t make
myself feel passionately about any of them :)

--
Ricardo