guix-devel

Re: Formalizing teams

From: Lars-Dominik Braun
Subject: Re: Formalizing teams
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2021 22:04:15 +0100

Hi Ricardo,

> FWIW, mumi also lets you search patches as all contents are indexed:
>
> https://issues.guix.gnu.org/search?query=%22%28gnu+packages+python-web%29%22+is%3Aopen+tag%3Apatch
thanks, I didn’t think about that. I tried searching
for python-build-system, but not all patches – especially
trivial ones – include enough context (for example
https://issues.guix.gnu.org/52595). Searching for files yields too many
packages, since Python packages are scattered across dozens of files
(e.g. gnu/packages/music.scm).

So unfortunately it doesn’t solve my problem. The only reasonable
thing to do right now seems to be setting up package name based filters,
because commit messages have a format known in advance.

Cheers,
Lars