guix-devel

Re: core-updates-frozen branch merged

From: Maxim Cournoyer
Subject: Re: core-updates-frozen branch merged
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2021 22:48:48 -0500

Hello,

Ludovic Courtès <ludo@gnu.org> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Maxim Cournoyer <maxim.cournoyer@gmail.com> skribis:
>
>> In case you hadn't taken notice, the core-update-frozen branch was
>> finally merged into master.  So please reconfigure your remotes to avoid
>> uploading any further work there :-).
>
> I’m late to the party, but that’s because I’ve been contemplating my
> updated Guixes for a week.  Thumbs up everyone and Maxim in particular
> for getting it past the finish line!

Thank you!  I wasn't alone :-) We have motivated and skilled hackers
going as far as swapping hard drives in their laptop to reproduce hard
to debug problems like in [0], which is amazing!  Thanks to all who are
debugging and fixing things, it helps tremendously (in many ways,
including keeping in good spirits!)

> That makes me wonder: do we even have a list of all the big changes that
> made it into this branch?  Would be nice to come up with a summary.

I have a couple of changes on top of my head; I intend to lay them down
in NEWS as soon as the version-1.4.0 branch I've been refining with more
integrated bits and last minute updates is ready for one last
(hopefully) big rebuild.  For sure I'll have to survey the git log as
I'm sure I've lost track of many great things that went in also.

Thanks,

Maxim

[0]  https://issues.guix.gnu.org/52051